Thursday 3 January 2013

EVALUATION QUESTION 6


"I have had so much fun experimenting with all of the new technology that I have encountered during the process of creating my media product. Technology such as final cut, garageband, and presentation sites such as voki’s and prezi have all been a new experience giving me an insight into new technologies that I never knew existed beforehand. I felt rather confident using most of these new program however I did ask for advice from my teacher and fellow peers for some of the software."


"I felt that our editing software, final cut was the most difficult technology that I used because I was unaware of the buttons and did not know what they did. Moreover, after some experimenting and playing around with the keys I began to become more familiar with the technology. I felt more confident the more I used it and efficiently used tools such as cutting, modifying, importing and using transitions. Some problems that occurred was that I was unsure how to quieten and slow down audio, I was also abit confused with how to create the titles.  Overall, after much use I felt a lot more confident and was able to use the software."



"A lot of effort went into creating our media product. Trying to juggle filming and editing  around my other studies and work commitments were really difficult however the effective use of the shooting schedule abled me to stay on track at all times. I spent a lot of time trying to get used to the final cut software and also spend large amounts of time on sites such as Prezi as this was also new to me. I put a lot of time into producing my final media product and I feel that I have done well to produce what I have created."


"In order to alter my final product I would have timed it completely differently. Me and my partner realised at the editing stage that we had filmed far to much to fit into the short opening and ended cutting a lot of the shots. In order to prevent this I would try to time and visualise the shots more accurately to stop this occurring again in the future. I would also try to improve my camera skill, as a person who does not have any experience in filming whatsoever trying being a part of the filming cast was a challenge to myself. I felt that for a large percentage of the shots I did very well, however in some shots I felt I didn’t do so well. This and editing I believe are things I would definitely  I would improve on. I believe that time was largely a limitation because it took some time trying to get used to the editing software to use therefore it didn’t give us large amounts of time to use it as effectively as we wanted to. I feel that if we had longer and less study/work commitments we could have really improved our final editing. Although I do believe that we have done well to produce what we have."





I felt really proud of this shot because the use of the van pulling up beside Lily captures their attention as they can interpret what’s about to happen. I felt that this wide shot allowed us to capture everything that we wanted it to, for example to show the emptiness and darkness building tension. 

Resources 
Final Cut
www.prezi.com
www.voki.com

No comments:

Post a Comment